Well it looks like that little setback with the development tool cost us our bug testing time. And we’re not comfortable with releasing the game with only a day or two of testing. So we’re going to hold the game back until the 27th of May. We are just putting the finishing touches on the game now. Some features have hit the cutting room floor and some will be coming later down the road in updates in order to keep you coming back to play the game again!
So the game is very much close to completed, we’re just polishing and bug killing as we speak.
So the only things being cut for now (but possibly still being added later):
– Auto player 2. It worked, but way too well. Auto player 2 could actually finish the game for you and that was bad. We aren’t removing this from the code however. But for now we will keep it out of the options until we can tweak it more. It was sad to watch the Dwarf run ahead of you and kill stuff before you could even hit the button! Also with the addition of Co-op it kinda made it a little pointless.
– Sound Test. I wanted to do something a little fancy for it. So it probably come in an update. But it’s not there for now.
And the things coming in updates are the following:
– Arena Mode and Surfing Mode
– Side Quests and selectable (from map screen) Items. We will add one or two side quests to the map with most updates for you to play and get power up items to give the game a new way to play!
– Additional Languages. We are starting with English and as we get new translations we will be adding them to the game. Brazilian Portuguese will be ready within a few weeks of initial release, with more languages to follow.
Other than that, the main game is intact. Co-op is in, multiple characters to play in co-op, 16 stages with a bunch of gigantic boss fights. A bunch of mini bosses (The King is a pain in the butt). Probably about 20-30 different enemies. Corpse Surfing… So basically it’s just the extras and not the main game play effected. Oh – the naked zombie lady dancers made it in. Hopefully no one will complain about a pixel nipple 😀 This in fact part of the original story. The undead wizard however was replaced by an undead priestess (becomes playable character). The crusty old man/wizard zombie wasn’t working for me, he looked like all the other zombies.
The priestess is a playable character for player 2 between stage 12 and 15. Pic below is of The Mouth of Hell stage:
Thurstan actually has the sword in this stage but the stage was built before we added that part of the code to the layout!
Speaking of which – once you have the sword, the way you play as the main character changes. He is limited to two very powerful attacks instead of multiple weaker ones. This was to go with the story. It also makes the final stages of the game more exciting since you can’t easily pummel enemies from the sides of the screen with daggers anymore.
So aside of the push back and the removal of auto 2p (for now) it really wasn’t that bad. We’d rather play it safe and make sure the game is awesome the firs time you play it and not full of bugs we missed because we ran out of time!
Thanks for being patient! It’s only a little over a week away!!!